Residents of the Clarence Park ward of the City of Unley have been invited to the Local Listening Post convened by the current sitting member for your new Federal Seat.
As long as I have been one of your two local council representatives our Federal member Kate Ellis has held Street Meetings. At the next Federal election we will be voting in the seat of Boothby and not the seat of Adelaide.
Nicole Flint is the sitting member for Boothby and she will be conducting two (what she calls) local listening posts. They will be held next Sunday afternoon as follows:
- 1.00 pm at Dora Guild Playground in Churchill Avenue, Clarence Park
- 1.30 pm at the Goodwood Oval Playground.
As was the case with Kate’s session, Nicolle has indicated she would like to hear your views on local issues.
I encourage you take up that opportunity to come along. Com along and meet her.
Tell her of your concerns or wishes Federally. One topic could be the diversion of the freight train as I identified in my blog post of October 4 last.
You can reinforce what I have already indicated to her. This includes that our concerns are not so much the economic benefit to South Australia but dealing with the following:
- the unsafe speed of the train now that the grade separation is complete.
- the cancer risk from the diesel fumes.
- the safety of person and property from a potential derailment.
- the safety crossing the line behind the bowling club
- the loss of the “dog track” between the bowling club and the Goodwood road “subway”
- Graffiti along the line
I will attend both meetings, as I used to with Kate’s street meetings to co-ordinate local government issues.