Before Council settles on it’s 2017-18 Annual Business Plan and Budget we are looking for your input.
At last night’s Full Council Meeting we moved and approved that:
1. The report be received.
2. The proposed list of net Operating Projects of $1.232 m be endorsed for community consultation.
3. The proposed list of net New Capital of $3.790 m be endorsed for community consultation.
4. The proposed list of net Capital Replacement of $7.445 m be endorsed for community consultation.
5. The Draft 2017-18 Annual Business Plan and Budget be endorsed for the purpose of community consultation, to be conducted between 3 May and 26 May 2017.
6. The Chief Executive Officer be authorised to make any necessary minor edits required for consistency or clarity to the Draft 2017-18 Annual Business Plan and Budget, if required.
7. The community consultation process outlined in the report be endorsed.
I encourage you to examine the 2017-18 Annual Business Plan and Budget so that you may become familiar with what we are proposing. Tell us what you believe we should be doing; what services we have not included you believe we should include, those services we have included but you believe are not required; or what should be modified
The 2017-18 Annual Business Plan and Budget can be found here at page 19, item 832: It provides detailed information regarding the:
• proposed projects to be undertaken
• services provided by Council to the community,
• resources required by the City of Unley to deliver the services and projects, and
• funding required (proposed rates increase and estimated borrowings).
To deliver all proposed projects and maintain current service levels. We will require a rate increase of 2.8% and new borrowings in the order of $3.4 m
Please take the opportunity to examine the 2017-18 Annual Business Plan and Budget and provide us your observations.
Watch out for invitations to examine and observe in the following:
• Advertising in the Eastern Courier Messenger
• Online consultation on Your Say Unley
• Notification on Council’s website with appropriate links to the Draft Annual Business Plan and Your Say Unley
• Advertising in the Unley Life Column
• Development of a video for social media and website (This is page 22 of the Council Agenda Reports for 24 April 2017)
Further, why not attend one of three public meetings/community information sessions. Timing is proposed as follows:
Goodwood Library 15 May 10.30am- 11.30am
Fullarton Park Community Centre 16 May 2 pm – 3 pm
Civic Centre 24 May 5.30pm – 6.30pm