King William Road, renowned for its fashion and food, is set to come alive as one of the biggest celebrations on the Adelaide calendar, the Unley Gourmet Gala, kicks off at 4pm on Thursday 23 January.
“This will be the 14th Gourmet Gala the Council has hosted and we expect 2014 to top last years’ attendance figures.” says Mayor of Unley, Lachlan Clyne.
“We all look forward to the Unley Gourmet Gala as it is not only one of the biggest parties of the year but also the perfect springboard to showcase King William Road and surrounds. Last year we had a whopping 17,500 attendees and I wouldn’t be surprised if we topped that this year,” says Mayor Clyne.
“People descend on Unley from all corners of Adelaide and South Australia every year for this event and we are very proud to show off our wonderful Council area.”
Major features of the 2014 Unley Gourmet Gala include:
– Over thirty wine and gourmet food stalls
– Cooking demonstrations with celebrity chef Marion Grasby
– Unley Criterium – a series of rapid races around Unley streets
– Kids’ activities including performances from the Ticklish Allsorts, a designated Kids Zone and beach play area featuring cycle-themed children’s art activities.
– Parades on the Porsche Fashion Stage showcasing the best King William Road boutiques, and a special performance by Sally Cooper and Airlie Koo as Elektra Live
– Electrifying Brazilian dancers, the amazing Santos Super Cycles, live music, and DJs
The Gala is the perfect pre-race event for the Santos Tour Down Under Stage 4, set to kick off from King William Road on Friday 24 January at 11.30am, following the Bupa Challenge Tour at 6.30am.
For more information visit www.unley.sa.gov.au and follow us on Facebook (facebook/gourmetgala) and Twitter (#unleygala)