Council believes it has determined the culture of Unley. This, after consulting through three phases over the last 18 months.
The Unley community is a diverse community. As diverse as any in Australia.
In drafting the Cultural Plan, we consulted with over 200 people. We conducted nine innovative and interactive face-to-face workshops. Likewise, we held three open community sessions and online and hard copy surveys. It was a long time coming due to the interruption of the Covid-19 Pandemic.
The engagement process revealed five main themes that our community wanted prioritising in this plan:
- The Culture of Us
– addressing a range of needs amongst our diverse demographics;
- The Culture of Place
– ensuring spaces have a focus on collective community accessibility and usage;
- The Culture of Creativity
– increasing opportunities for individuals and communities to express themselves artistically and culturally;
- The Culture of Knowledge
– sharing resources for more informed and enriched experiences; and
- The Culture of the Future
– investing in both our young people and critical thinking to build resilient and socially sustainable communities.
Your feedback on the culture of Unley will contribute to the final draft of the Cultural Plan 2021-26. This will then be presented to Council for consideration.
You can access the draft plan on our Have Your say webpage.
You may well have been one of those who did contribute. If you were, we ask you to check the draft and let us know if we got it right.
If not, I invite you to have a look at the draft cultural plan. Tell us therefore if we have missed anything or what you would like added, or changed. If we have missed anything we want to know. If we have not recognised your community likewise, we need to know.
You can provide your feedback:
- Online, by completing the Have Your Say survey.
- Via post, by sending a written submission either to PO Box 1, Unley SA 5061.
- Alternatively, by hand to the Unley Civic Centre, to avoid any Australia Post delays.
- Via email to [email protected]
We will accept submissions from today until 5pm 26 April 2021.